Thursday, April 9, 2009

Self Inflicted Pain

Gah... I should not have made myself watch Twilight again... It almost killed me. All the wrong dialogues, facial expressions, and hello, the Cullens cooking Italian for Bella? What has the world become...? It's a catastrophe! Or maybe it's just me memorising the book too much that every single detail from the movie that deviates from the book annoy me endlessly. Tormented me. And Edward is a gentleman, one you can't find anywhere nowadays, he is not rude! Why did Robert Pattinson make my Edward into such a rude person... His "Fine. I guess I'll just have to endure it," is so COLD! Edward would never say something like that. His reply was "Nevermind, then. I can see that it's impossible. Thank you so much for your help.". See the difference? And the part where he makes Bella says the word 'vampire' out loud? Urgh... The book is supposed to be centred upon the two of them, their feelings for each other, the connection, finding love though they're in two totally different worlds. The connection is not there. Every aspect of Edward is off... I guess I'm just an obsessed perfectionist. But movies made from books are never good. It is always a disappointment. I'll stick to my own imagination for now, my favourite characters portrayed by others is never a pleasure to watch.

1 comment:

Chew Shu Yi, Shirley said...

The Notebook is. I admit i watched the movie before recently reading the book and crying more then i should have and ending up with swollen eyes. Not quite close but close enough in my terms. See not all books to movies are bad. I have no comment on Twilight. Have not read it. Friend is going to borrow it to me soon. Perhaps then i would be like you. Wow perhaps a habit of watching the movie then reading the book later. What a habit i have. Me likey. Not sure why. Very long comment. Congrats on still reading it. Have a great fun day. No idea why i am greeting you this way but bear with my weirdness. I'll de-weird-ify in front of your eyes. Walah!!!