Thursday, June 11, 2009

Warring Emotions


Flowers that are growing on the land near the West Gate.




The view of the lake in the campus.


The setting sun.


And so, it has been a long time since I blogged. I can already hear some complaints although I updated *her* every single day.

My second week in UTAR was pretty normal, amidst all the lectures and missing some meals, I managed to pass through in one piece. I have 6 subjects :
  • General Physics (By now my lecturer remembered my name. I should not have corrected his mistake on the board.)
  • Calculus and Algebra (A very young guy is teaching us. He's quite inexperienced. Sotong calls him pikachu.)
  • Atomic Structure, Bonding and Periodicity (BORING!)
  • Chemistry Laboratory I
  • Computer Systems and Applications (WORSE THAN BORING)
  • Sun Tzu's Art of War and Business Studies (Well, I have an assignment now and I still don't get how so many people together can write a 1500-word essay...)
I joined the UTAR KAMPAR CF as well. And this week (which is my third week here) I went for bible study with the CF cell groups at the Wesley Methodist Church. My first time to a bible study group. I learnt a lot of new things and deepen my understanding of Jesus Christ and loved him more. I hope there will be fewer obstacles for me in this road that I have chosen. However, as my cell group leader said, God will only give us obstacles that match with our abilities and I will try hard to conquer them all!


CF tee logo.


The tree we built during our first CF meeting.


Local U results will be out I think 18th and I am having mixed feelings. On one hand, I really like Kampar and wanted to join the CF in many more gatherings to come but on the other, I really miss my parents (Yes I am a pampered girl.) so I do not know what I should do. I feel homesickness a lot although it's not shown on the surface. And it is affecting my mood now giving me major mood swings and feeling emo just thinking about not being able to go home anytime soon. Would it be better for me and everyone else if I go back to KL?

My lack of sleep is really getting to me. I can't sleep at night and when I take a nap in the afternoon, there is always someone to wake me up 'unintentionally'. And so for once, I'll try to sleep early tonight and plan for some kinda outing tomorrow to release some of my pent up tension so that I don't strain myself from too much stress. I wonder what the figure of my Young's modulus is now.

No comments: