Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Where Am I Heading?


After listening to the soundtrack of this movie for so long, I finally went in search for the movie. Some of the songs like "Entering Booty Town" and "Buddha's Delight" got me perplexed. I mean, what kind of movie like Music And Lyrics that would have songs like these? But after watching I understood that it was just songs from another character in the movie who is a pop singer... The songs that really dig deep into my soul would be songs like "Dance With Me Tonight", "Don't write Me Off" and of course the famous "Way Back Into Love". Hugh Grant has a great voice... His voice is the kind that can make millions of girls go crazy over, including me...! *swoon*

Dance With Me Tonight by Hugh Grant

It's been so long
Since I've known right from wrong
Got no job
Sometimes I just sit down and sob
Wondering if anything will go right
Oh will you dance with me tonight?

When the sun departs
I feel a hole down in my heart
Put on some shoes
Come down here
And listen to the blues
Wondering if anything will go right
Oh will you dance with me tonight?

I'm looking at you, you're looking at me
We're the only two off the dance floor
Do you see what I see?

Two broken lives
Working in harmony
Might make for a decent time
So get up and dance with me

I know that it seems that the grass will grow
Better on the other side of the barbwire fence
But that other side is not in sight
So I'm fine with what I have now
If you'll dance with me tonight

What's the point of life if risk is just a board game?
You roll the dice but you're just hoping that the rules change
What's the point if you can't bring yourself to say
The things you want to say
Like dance with my tonight


The characters in the movie really did a lot to reach their goal... Got me thinking back to Tuesday's bible study session. When I got to the question 'When have you had to persevere to reach a goal? What kept you going? How did this experience change you for the better?', I stoned... I thought back to the past 20 years of my life and I could not come up with an answer. Even though my family has faced financial difficulties in the past, I was not informed of it. It fact, my parents kept everything away from me and acted as if nothing has changed just so I would not get worried. Finding out about it a few years later, I realised how sheltered I am. It's time for me to really do something back for my parents and for myself... But what if their wishes and mine are so different that it could not work out together? Well, I just gotta pray about it... By the way, what is my goal in life again?

No comments: