Sunday, February 21, 2010

Passing of Years...


Went back to Ipoh and Penang for CNY as usual... Can't say I enjoy the hols as much as I should have. CNY just lost it's lustre for me... Maybe it is because I am not a child anymore. The excitement over the festivities, new clothes and food just died in me... Going back to my parents' hometown usually means playing games on the gameboy, playing fireworks at night and then cards right after that. I had to beg my parents to let me stay up late. Now, I just laze around the house and sleep even earlier than my parents. There's practically nothing for me to do.


I'm turning 21 this year while my cousins are either married or much younger than me and my niece and nephews are not even 10 years old yet. They are playing make believe games and running around the house shouting at maximum volume. I don't even know where they get all those energy! In some ways I envy them. Being older in the elders eyes means I have to act according to my age. I have to sit and look prim and proper. No more shouting and running around the house playing tag. Boy do I miss those days...


Bought some new foam stamps and crafting materials when I went to The Gardens on Friday. It seems these are the things that can really put a smile on my face. I already have gift ideas running through my head waiting to be made into reality. I find solace in crafting. While my thoughts are wandering, my hands would be diligently working. The same applies to dish washing... And eventhough 8 of my guppies, the whole tank by the way, died, at least I know I still have my betta fish and the cute little lobster here to accompany me...

No comments: