Friday, November 27, 2009

Something To Think About...

I realised belatedly that while we were playing DotA, I was the only girl playing...

Well, to tell the truth, I think DotA is quite fun. Although I think I did 'ok' in the first game, I was totally pawned in the second one... 'Isabelle Killer' finally did his job of killing me multiple times till I get so fed up of waiting through the spawning period. Sigh...

A friend told me that I am pretty much a boy and that I am only a girl physically because I like anime/manga, I like playing games and well, I'm just not girly enough? But then again, is the society's old perception of masculinity and femininity stuck in our mind still? Must I be a girl that sits around and look nice, sew, does the house chores and cook?

I get to hang out with the guys today and it was really...different? Instead of just some normal exchange of pleasantries and jokes, there were some deep topic that were actually talked about. And although I am pretty much blur most of the time, it was interesting to listen to. It's like how I always sit around and listen to my dad talk to my uncle back home. Sure shows a person how childish she is when she listens to people her age talk about all these kinda things...

But I wouldn't mind hanging out with them again like this. I am not a girly girl, and I accept that. I enjoy games and I'd tag along more often to these sessions if they don't mind a newbie (I hate the word noob, just sounds so rude) like me going along... XD

No comments: