Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shutting Out The Real World

Okay, so I have been reading mangas everyday and not doing anything else. I'm that extreme even I am ashamed of myself... *nods* And because I have become such a nocturnal creature and a recluse, I'm even considering not meeting up with others like I planned to do before I go off. I'm terribly selfish I know but since everyone is busy...I'm sure they won't mind. XP That won't happen though no matter how selfish I want to be. *sighs*


Well, I went through a few mangas in this past week. First would be Immortal Rain. I started reading it in form 4 and it was not finished yet and so was left hanging like Hana Yori Dango. I am so disappointed that it still has not finished its run yet and is wondering what happened to volume 9. I guess it would be left like that for a very long time... Well, at least Rain is still alive although his heart was supposedly crushed in front of Machika and they got back together. I still remember the sentence Machika said in the ending of volume 4 and it seems so sad that time. Rain is SO innocent and cute... I remembered how much I was gushing over him last time. Hehe... ((If Nuri, Shaf and Mich read this, I know how their expressions are gonna look like... XD))

The second one I read would be Hikaru no Go. At least this series was finished although the ending is not much to my liking. Sai is so absolutely cute he reminds me of Gunter but in a way that he is obsessed about Go as Gunter is with Yuuri. XD I bought this manga during form 4 too till volume 4 but my parents confiscated it and I still did not get it back till now. But, the Internet is really a great place! :hearts: I wonder if anyone I know actually plays Go... It's quite a fun game to play.


Next, I went back to a series I love. MARS. Not the planet, but the God of War. I quite forgot the storyline because it's been such a long time but after I read it, I fell in love with Rei Kashino all over again! Hehe... It is truly a sickening and heartbreaking manga. In a world where darkness exists in everyone's heart, two people overcame their past and built a great future together. Absurdly wonderful and it doesn't hurt that Rei is a heartthrob. I was so into him last time that everyone from SBS science know who Rei is although they did not read the manga or even laid eyes on the cover before. ((And again, those 3 will be telling me : Oh, God. Not Rei. AGAIN!? My reply would be : And SO???))


And so, with those 3 from my past, I decide to read another old manga that I wanted to read since long ago. Marmalade Boy. To tell the truth, I was expecting a too romantic and girly manga but boy am I wrong. The first few pages got me laughing so hard I could not even stop for some time. Two married couples, each with their own son and daughter, decided to switch partners and get married and stay together in a big mansion. It was hilarious that the parents are so...weird? I'm not sure that is the word to describe them but they do lack common sense in a way. And I realised it's a really refreshing manga indeed. Sweet in every way. A very happy ending! I knew it would be something like this...

Aha... I really have turned into an extreme otaku... But university is starting soon. And I'm all nerves so this is the only way I can relax at home for now... It's gonna feel so weird. I'm homesick already... =( And I really do not want to dwell on that so, I'm only gonna have my anime and manga obsessions on my mine till then!

And last but not least : LEN! <3

No comments: