Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fire And Ice

Some say the world will end in fire
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
R.Frost
One of my favourite poem of all time... It is interesting to think of the day the world will finally perish. How will it be like? A radioactive storm... A raging river of fire that will erupt from the middle of the Earth. Consuming all in it's wake. If one is allowed to choose any catastrophe for the world to perish in, what choice will one be able to make? A blizzard? So that each and every body on Earth will be conserved in perfect condition. An eternal life. Preserved forever in ice. A city of ice statues in a dead world... I've always wondered how I will die in days to come. Will I die alone? Or in a company of those closest to me. Will I die before my time is due? Perhaps in the hands of a young driver or in the hands of a mad avenger...? Only time will tell and only One knows...

No comments: