Monday, January 18, 2010

Safety.

I open my eyes and it was dark.
A layer of some unknown substance surrounds me.
Enclosing me in it's protection.
I feel peace like never before.
But wait.
I cannot hear anything.
Not a single sound drifted into my ears.
Silence resounds in my head.
Not for the first time I realised there is no one else around.
I waited all alone.
A solitary figure.
Something creeps through my heart.
It is a feeling I know well.
A feeling of fear.
Trying to shrug it off.
Cut off from the world.
Although devoid of joy and laughter.
I am saved from pain and tears.
Is this kind of existence worthwhile?
When is it the right time for me to break out of this cocoon?
When will I finally have the strength to escape from this prison?
When is it my time to spread my wings and fly?
When can I finally suppress my fears and learn to trust again...?

No comments: