Thursday, September 17, 2009

God Knows Best


Sometime, when all life's lessons have been learned,
And sun and stars forevermore have set,
The things which our weak judgments here have spurned,
The things o'er which we grieved with lashes wet,
Will flash before us out of life's dark night,
As stars shine most in deeper tints of blue:
And we shall see how God's plans are right,
And how what seem reproof was love most true.
Then be content poor heart;
God's plans, like lilies pure and white, unfold;
we must not tear the close shut leaves apart,-
Time will reveal the chalices of gold.
And if, through patient toil, we reach the land
Where tired feet, with sandals loosed, may rest,
When we shall clearly see and understand,
I think that we will say, "God knew the best!"


"For I know the plans I have for you, " says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. - Jeremiah 29:11


It seems a lot of my friends lately have been having some problems of their own and every one of them have been asking the question, "Why does this happen to me?" and saying, "This is not fair!". If I put myself into their shoes, I will probably be saying the same things myself. There are incidents that when it happens, can cloud our judgment and make us forget something important... That God has always wanted the best for all of us. He gives us everything that we ask for and more but only if that is the best for us. The only thing we can do during times like these is to trust in Him and to have faith. Place our problems and troubled hearts in His hands. He will take good care of them and take away our pain. So when your circumstances look hopeless, remember that God has a plan for His people for their good...

No comments: