Thursday, March 19, 2009

Living In The Past, Present or Future?

A lot of things defines us. And above all are our actions and words. Everyone erred. No particular person is perfect on Earth. I myself have done a lot of things that I am ashamed of. Be it with friends, relatives and especially with my parents. I am not proud of all those things and I am definitely not proud of my own achievements. From my own stubbornness a shoot that nearly destroys my life was born. But I was saved. I can still salvage what's left of my life. And build a better one for myself. This time, on firm foundation. I was given a chance. A chance I seized with every strenght left in my body. No longer will I dwell on mistakes of the past. I will live in the present and dream of a better future that I will work hard to achieve for myself. I was hurt before by doing a lot for those I love only to find out how important I really am in their heart. A half an hour or even 5 minutes, a sumptous meal... I am not even worth that much for them to sacrifice those slight things for when I gave them hours of my life... But should I give up my own self, that which defines me, to wall up my emotions, to be as cold as ice? I still do not have the answer. Mybe time and experience will give me the answer I needed. So for now, the past, stays behind. I will not bring it into my future. Maybe the answers I need will be found one day and I can look back into my past experiences and instead of bitterness, finds peace.

No comments: